FRESH BRUSCHETTA WITH TOMATO AND BASIL
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook time: 5 minuets
- 4-5 Medium firm ripe tomatoes, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ Cup fresh basil, stems removed roughly chopped
- 1 Large baguette, (French, Italian bread)
- ½ Cup Olive oil
- 1 Medium garlic clove, halved and then minced Optional
- 2 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar Optional
- 2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese Optional
Pre-heat the oven on broiler setting.
Cut the baguette into ½ – ¾ inch slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly oil and rub with garlic clove halved on bread. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown. Flip and repeat.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic (optional), ¼ cup olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for at least 10 minutes.
Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices and serve.
Optional – Top the slices with mozzarella cheese Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.