Chicken Pot Pie w/ Biscuits
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minuets
- 6 Large chicken breasts, skin on
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 Tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 Medium yellow onions finely chopped (1 cup)
- ¾ Cup flour
- ¼ Cup heavy cream
- 4 Cups frozen Peas & Carrots (2 10 oz package)
- ½ Cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 Can Refrigerated Biscuits (8 biscuits) room temperature
Preheat the oven to 375°
Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake chicken breasts for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken fully cooked. Set aside to let cool slightly, and then remove the skin. Rip chicken into bite size pieces.
In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolving the bouillon cubes in the stock.
In a large pot, melt the butter and sauté the onions over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent, stirring frequently. Add the following in order:
- Flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Hot chicken stock to the sauce. Simmer over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring, until thick.
- Salt & pepper
- Heavy cream
- Cubed chicken
- Carrots & peas
Once all ingredients are combined well, pour the pot pie mixture into selected baking dish. Place the baking dish on a flat baking sheet (this will prevent any spillage). Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and arrange the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture, and return the dish to the oven. Bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are brown and the chicken mixture is bubbly.